Senior Field Service Engineer – St. Ives

Are you looking for a customer-facing role, primarily based in the field, resolving break/fix incident tickets and being a key member of a project delivery team? Have you previously worked in Field Service at a senior/highly experienced level? This role is pivotal to the daily operation of the business ensuring that clients’ requirements are met accurately and efficiently.

This is 40hrs per week, Mon – Fri, 8am -5pm. Flexibility around these hours must be available.

75% of your time will be spent attending client sites with the remaining 25% office based in Cambridgeshire.

In return you will get

  • Annual leave 33days (inc. 8 bank hols)
  • 24/7 Free access to all courses on Udemy for Business
  • 5% & 5% Pension.
  • 4x Death in service
  • Store discounts.
  • Cycle to work.
  • EV scheme (after 2 years’ service)
  • Referral programme
  • Free onsite parking

 Duties & Responsibilities of the Senior Field Service Engineer:

  • Always demonstrate excellent customer service, particularly when at client sites.
  • Travel to and from client sites across the UK (flexible working and some overnight stays required)
  • Provide end user and infrastructure support (remote and on-site) for desktop I notebook computers and end-user peripheral devices.
  • Deliver, install, and configure IT equipment at client sites.
  • Troubleshoot and resolve issues in line with SLA.
  • Provide basic training to end users on how to use equipment and systems.
  • Be involved in system implementations and site deployments.
  • Complete basic network cable and socket repairs.
  • Demonstrate efficient management of own workload, working to strict deadlines.
  • Take ownership of your work queue, ensuring all administration tasks are completed on time – Ticket notes, customer communication, asset administration.
  • Ensure client related documentation is kept up to date.
  • Liaise with 3rd parties for support as appropriate.
  • Be responsible for own personal development.
  • Work closely with the projects and scheduling team on all incident and project ticket progress.
  • Investigate, diagnose, and resolve technical issues, escalating appropriately within the infrastructure team where necessary, whether working remotely or at a client site.

What you will need to succeed as a Senior Field Service Engineer:

  • Microsoft 365 certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate (Exams MD-100 + MD-101)
  • Strong knowledge using, supporting, and implementing Microsoft applications.
  • Working knowledge of and experience using Windows operating systems.
  • Experience in cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud.
  • Experience in virtualisation technologies – Hyper-V, VMWare, Citrix
  • Microsoft 365 knowledge and experience
  • A general understanding of IT networking.
  • Good knowledge of mobile phone devices and hardware such as printers and Bluetooth peripherals.
  • Ability to prioritise and multi-task efficiently,
  • Ability to proactively problem solve and identify solutions.
  • Basic understanding of GDPR and cyber security principles.
  • Excellent verbal, written and listening skills. Exceptional time management skills.
  • Demonstrable empathetic and confident demeanour. Always calm and reassuring.
  • Aptitude to proactively learn new systems and client specifics. Understanding of the fundamentals and importance of SLAs.
  • A self-starter with a “can do” attitude.
  • Flexible and pragmatic, yet resolute and decisive. Logical thinker.
  • Able to work well under occasional pressure.
  • Excellent attention to detail.
  • Work well within a team in a fast-paced environment.
  • Hold a full clean driving licence.


If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please contact Daniel for a chat on 01223 620798 or apply now.

If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Kameo Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment agency for this permanent vacancy.

Share this vacancy
Latest Vacancies
Latest Vacancies
Share this vacancy