Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for a Transport & Warehouse Coordinator. Our client is a highly reputable company, who is well established within their industry and is experiencing a period of growth. You will be based in their fantastic offices in South Cambridge and will be joining their superb company culture. The successful candidate will control and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the UK Transport department and UK Transport Service Partners, making the most cost-effective use of resources and providing the highest quality service to clients. You will also assist the Transport and Warehouse Manager in the running of Cambridge HQ storage and warehouse facilities. This is a fantastic opportunity and one not to be missed.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Transport & Warehouse Coordinator:
- Maintenance of Fleet
- Organisation of Drivers’ Runs
- Driver Communication
- Maintenance of Transport working hours
- Procurement and Sale of Vehicles
- The Transport Coordinator must be able to supply expert help on client premises when required to decide what logistical/packaging solution should be used to solve a client needs
- Sign Off of Time Sheets/ Expenses
- Organisation of Driver’s Holidays and Days off
- Management of Fuel Consumption
- Driver Training and Training Material
- Monitor and actively manage stock levels
- Ensure orders/packaging dispatches are processed in the most cost effective and timely manner
- Provide a safe & clean working environment
- Ensure warehouse security procedures are adhered to at all times
- Maintenance of all storage logs to 100% accuracy
- Organise the end of day dispatch and correctly label freight to enable freight check procedures to be completed.
- Ensure adherence to vehicle maximum weight thresholds
- Plan, co-ordinate and monitor the receipt and storage of all packaging in designated areas.
- Investigate “service” failures and identify root cause and implement procedures to stop reoccurrence
- Identify improvement opportunities to bring about operational efficiencies, cost reductions or service enhancements and implement accordingly.
You will have worked within transport planning or a warehouse environment, be able to work under pressure and have an adaptable approach.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.