Salary: £26,000 – £38,000p.a.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 10:30 – 19:00
Company Benefits: company pension, private medical insurance, annual company bonus, training & development opportunities, 20 days holiday raising to 25 after one years’ service +bank holidays.
Are you a strategic thinker with a background in Transport Route Planning?
Do you thrive in dynamic environments where every decision you make impacts the efficiency of moving goods from point A to point B?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Kameo Recruitment is looking for a Transport Planner to work closely with the Transport Manager at one of the UK’s leading companies in its field, routing lorries, checking movements on the track system, and liaising with drivers/customers throughout the day, as well as supporting the administration and co-ordinator of the department.
Responsibilities of the Transport Planner:
- Planning driver resources (incorporating the grouping of loads and the routing of lorries) to utilise the fleet to its maximum capacity, ensuring deliveries are efficiently and professionally delivered to agreed timescales, whilst remaining within working time regulations.
- Be the point of contact for the drivers.
- Dealing with driver queries and missing material in an efficient and timely manner, giving estimated times of arrival, sorting collections, and updating the system with new delivery addresses etc.
- Using the tracking system to monitor driver movements (training will be provided).
- Assisting in adjusting/cancelling orders as appropriate, collating, printing, and distributing all picking tickets, dispatch notes, confirmation of loads and any other administration tasks as required to support the Logistics Department.
Requirements for the Transport Planner:
- Previous experience in transport route planning is highly desirable.
- Multi-drop experience desirable
- Have a geographical understanding of the UK and its roads.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and work well under pressure.
- A proactive approach to the everyday administration and computerised tasks associated with this role.
If you are a strategic thinker who thrives on challenges and has a keen eye for detail, what are you waiting for???
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.