Kameo Recruitment is partnering with a successful, international award-winning company based in Waterbeach, north of Cambridge. They are a design and manufacturing business who are well established within their market.
If you are a dynamic and proactive professional with a strong technical / engineering background and have managed a small team then this Technical Customer Support Manager could be the role for you!
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, my client’s goal is to offer high quality service and support to our customers, both before and after the equipment sale. The Technical Customer Support Manager is therefore required to be adaptable, conscientious, and able to deal confidently with customers.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Technical Customer Support Manager
- Line management of 3 technical support/commissioning engineers
- Managing and overseeing the technical support offered by the company for customers and agents and dealing directly with them at their level of competence, via the company Help Desk.
- Providing first-line support across the entire product range
- Planning and organising all aspects of commissioning activity & trips and liaising with our partner organisations to provide additional commissioning services when required.
- Management of servicing and calibration activity (including equipment returns)
- Referring those requiring additional technical input to either the technical support engineers or R&D engineering as required.
- Ensuring all support activities are dealt with competently and efficiently, and all actions are recorded and reported as required.
- Carrying out occasional servicing/commissioning visits
- Delivering training (on-site and remotely)
- Liaising with other departments (particularly Sales, Production and Logistics) to ensure all support activity is conducted as efficiently as possible.
- Overseeing the provision of spares, service, and technical advice to our customers
Requirements for the Technical Customer Support Manager
- Technical Skills – Whilst the role is primarily managing the delivery of technical services involving electronic, mechanical and software systems, technical knowledge is essential.
- Qualifications HNC (minimum) in an engineering discipline preferred.
- Previous technical experience in a customer facing role is preferred, as is commercial awareness.
- Proven experience of managing small teams is also a pre-requisite.
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills are also essential, as is a full driving licence. The successful applicant will have exceptional time-management skills and will be able to efficiently multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills are required for this role, as is the ability to perform as part of a team.
- IT Skills Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is essential, as is an ability to develop detailed knowledge of bespoke software products.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.