Salary: £33,000 p.a.
Hours of work: Full time, Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm, 50/50 Hybrid Working
Kameo Recruitment is delighted to be partnering with an innovative scientific based company located in Histon, Cambridge. This is a UK-based charity that promotes research and study across science is looking to recruit a Sustainable Conferencing and Communications Officer.
This unique and exciting role will ensure sustainability is at the heart of our client’s company. Primarily focusing on working within the scientific community to develop and share best practice for sustainable / remote conferencing. This will include facilitation of discussion around piloting of new technology and technical solutions for sustainable conferencing that will support people to communicate productively while minimising their need to travel and the impact on the environment.
This role is suited to someone with excellent project management and communication skills, combined with a keen interest in environmental sustainability.
If you think this could be you… Keep reading!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research emerging technologies for remote delivery of talks and posters, networking and discussion groups, and interconnected hub conference designs.
- Manage the initiative’s website, including generation of content.
- Produce content for the initiative’s channels (Twitter/YouTube) and engaging with the audience.
- Reach out to grant recipients to create post-event blogs that showcase how funding has enabled conferences to become more sustainable, including lessons learnt and best practice.
- Critically evaluate the success of projects, disseminating lessons that can be learned
- Encourage and develop external collaborations, representing the company at external meetings to promote the sustainable conferencing initiative.
- Collaborate with the in-house events team to align our own meetings with sustainability best practice.
- In collaboration with marketing, raise the profile of the sustainable conferencing initiative.
- Provide advice and guidance on sustainability best practice to colleagues to ensure sustainability is at the heart of all business decisions and actions.
- Support and lead wider sustainability projects as required.
Requirements for this role
- A passion for environmental sustainability issues, with evidence of being able to work independently to research and understand relevant legislation and best practice
- Familiarity with the technical approaches and challenges of remote conferencing
- Excellent project management skills
- The ability to establish effective networks both within and outside the Company
- Effective and creative problem-solving ability
- Self-motivated with ability to work under own initiative and to given timescales
- Excellent communicator at all levels, both verbally and in writing, with the ability to understand the audience and write clear and engaging communications
- Excellent IT skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- A science degree or an environmental degree/diploma or working toward completion in a relevant environmental subject (desirable)
- Knowledge of WordPress (desirable)
- Interest in sciences, biology, or other fields (desirable)
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV. We will review and respond within 3 – 5 working days.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.