Hours of work: Full time: 6:30am-15:00pm (Mon to Fri) – degree of flexibility for start times.
Parking: On site
Are you looking for the next step in your nursing career? Our client has a fantastic opportunity!
Kameo Recruitment is proud to be partnering with a growing biomedical company, based in East London (Near Blackwall), to recruit a Staff Nurse to join their team. This position will facilitate the provision of a coordinated, high-quality service to donor registries in consultation with the Lead Apheresis Nurse. Our client is growing, and it is a great time to join their small but friendly team. They work with leading companies to provide blood donations for a variety of trials etc, which genuinely make a difference to the people’s lives.
Our client is open minded to the level of experience you have as they are willing to train; however, phlebotomy experience is required.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Staff Nurse
- To participate in practice development within and external to the company.
- To work clinically and to adhere to the NMC Code.
- To enable clinical effectiveness by mentoring/facilitating other staff to achieve optimum competence and clinical performance in donor care.
- Encourage good working relationships within the multidisciplinary team, and deputising for Lead nurse in their absence.
- Maintain effective registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Keep up to date with advances in nursing and healthcare, both in the NHS and Independent Sectors.
- Work with all members of the healthcare team to enable effective understanding of roles, responsibilities, and opportunities for improvements.
Requirements for this role
- Clinical background & keen interest in further developing clinical skills
- Excellent phlebotomy skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to organise workload in line with clinical priorities.
- General PC skills, knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience of working in a patient/customer facing environment
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Consistently maintain high levels of self-motivation and be able to inspire others to get the job done!
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.