Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for an Software Test Lead to join an international technical organisation, based in Cambridge, with an option to work c.60% remotely.
You will be joining a team responsible for developing bespoke software applications within the aeronautical sector, delivering state of the art data management and data integrations products to the aeronautical and defence industry. The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement and is confident collaborating with developers in addition to the wider testing community. Your current testing skills will be hands-on, with experience delivering requirements to a high standard, and architecting and implementing test automation infrastructure.
You will be working on a defence project, dealing with confidential data; security clearance (SC) will be essential. You must be willing to undergo SC, or have it already.
Duties & Responsibilities for the Software Test Lead:
- Working within agile processes for short cycle deliveries
- Coordinating test activities between multiple test teams and integration of the end system
- Ensuring the correct testing, requirements traceability and CI/CD processes are implemented across multiple teams
- Contributing to a cross functional team of developers, testers and product managers to deliver automated tests and sign off releases of enhancements and new features
Requirements for the Software Test Lead:
- Demonstrable experience of coordinating test activities following fundamentals of software testing and performing system integration testing
- Ability to architect and create automated acceptance testing framework
- Experience in non-functional testing
- Experience using requirement traceability tooling and processes and/or BDD frameworks
- Experience using:
- Automated testing tools and frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Selenium and RestAssured in well-structured clean-code Java
- Subversion tooling such as GIT
- Continuous integration environment and build tools (e.g., Jenkins/ AzureDevOps, Maven)
- Database technologies and scripting to create and validate data for ETL (Extract Transform and Load) processes
- Test frameworks and build integration tools to automate testing of microservices and SOA (Service Orientated Architecture) systems
- Being security cleared
- Experience using GIS (Geographic Information Systems) tools and systems
- Experience working in the Government or Defence sectors
- Experience of acceptance and unit testing ReactJS applications
This company truly care about team culture and benefits include flexible working hours, 25 days holiday, complimentary fruit and drinks and a personal development allowance of £400; over and above the national standard.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Keywords: SC, Security Cleared, Security Clearance, Defence Sector, Test Lead, Senior Software Tester, QA, Automation Tester, Agile, Java, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, Remote working, JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, RestAssured, Subversion, GIT, Continuous integration, Jenkins, Hudson, TeamCity, Maven, Test Lead, Senior Software Tester, QA, Automation Tester, Agile, Java, SC
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
Our promise – to offer you an honest, reliable and friendly service.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.