Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for a Software Support Engineer to join a successful tech house that builds a multi-channel communication product, based near Ely.
This is not your average support role; the successful candidate will work closely with the software development teams, understanding the code, architecture and infrastructure in addition to providing third line support to the team of support desk engineers.
This position would suit someone flexible with excellent communication skills. Demonstrable analytical skills will also be highly favoured.
Duties & responsibilities for the Software Support Engineer:
- Analysing of software code to isolate faults at external sites
- Working with product development teams to resolve issues caused by software and infrastructure
- Providing third line support to the Support Desk Engineer’s
- Documenting issues encountered and feeding these back to the appropriate team(s)
- Identifying process improvement opportunities
- Collaborating on service improvement plans and operational projects
Requirements for the Software Support Engineer:
- Understanding of SMS and Internet messaging platforms
- Experience with 3rd party integrations and API’s
- Experience with GIT
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum environment/framework
- Experience deploying SQL Server, software deployment and management of databases
- An understanding of information governance and security, and the regulations surrounding data security
- Knowledge of ITIL
- 3rd Line support experience with the following: Office 365 and Active Directory
- Knowledge of AWS and/or Azure hosted environments
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.