If you are looking to work for a fast paced, dynamic, and rewarding environment then look no further as Kameo Recruitment are working closely with a large manufacturing company based in Ely.
Our client is looking to recruit a Shipping & Warehouse Supervisor, so calling anyone who has a solid experience of shipping; Export and Import and has a valid counterbalance forklift licence and be in current practice.
As Shipping & Warehouse Supervisor, you will manage the daily operations of the Logistics team to ensure the safe storage and timely shipping of company products. You will be working closely with the Customs Compliance team to ensure the Logistics team fully complies with all areas of customs controls and procedures. You will also implement KPIs that monitor the safe transportation and booking in of all in-house manufactured assemblies and finished goods into their correct stock location.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Shipping & Warehouse Supervisor include: –
- Book with freight forwarders and process paperwork for outgoing shipments on time, including the printing of delivery notes and the picking of items for shipping.
- Follow shipping procedures, including consolidated shipments, for fulfilling warehouse stock globally.
- Complete and submit applications for EUR1 and Certificate of Origin where required.
- Ensure that the Proof of Delivery is received from freight forwarders for all shipments outside of the UK.
- Audit shipments completed on a regular basis and raise corrective actions as needed.
- Book manufactured product into stock in a timely manner.
- Comply with company procedures related to customs compliance, including processes, documentation, keeping records of customs paperwork, and participating in regular audits with Customs Compliance team
- Raise issues of concern such as Health and Safety, Housekeeping, and good warehouse practice.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the warehouse and work collaboratively with production teams to ensure a smooth operation.
- Manage, lead, and motivate team members and perform quarterly appraisals or 1-to-1 meetings.
- Communicate goals and objectives to team members. Conduct Return to Work interviews and disciplinary actions
- Assist management with hiring and training new starters.
- Ensure SOPs and training matrix are current and that the team adheres to company and industry regulations.
Experience required: –
- Must have experience in shipping and a solid understanding in all Customs Controls and Procedures, ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- Have a valid counterbalance forklift licence and be in current practice.
- Experience of man-managing a small team.
- Have experience of using of ERP systems.
- Must be a team player and be comfortable working within a small stores team.
- Be flexible and willing to cover absence within the department.
- Proven ability to identify and implement process improvements.
This opportunity is NOT to be missed!! Why ……
- Fantastic working environment with onsite parking.
- Excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, company pension, private health & dental care, life insurance, long service awards, celebratory lunches and many more.
- Ongoing onsite training, cross-departmental opportunities, external training, and funded education.
- Internal career progression opportunities.
This position will be initially working remotely, and the hours are Monday to Friday 8am-4.30pm. There is a tailored onboarding and training plan for all new starters.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.