Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for a Senior Life Science Logistic Specialist to join our clients Logistics Team. Our client is a highly reputable company, who is well established within their industry and is experiencing a significant period of growth. This is a newly created position, which will see you reporting into the Logistics Life Science Manager and working within a wider specialist team. You will be based in their fantastic offices in South Cambridge and will bring with you your scientific knowledge and strong customer service skills. The main purpose of this position is to offer exceptional customer service, whilst supporting operational tasks and ensuring high standards are met. This position would suit someone who has a Degree in a Scientific discipline e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical Science, along with project or operations experience. If this is you, please continue reading for further details;
Hours of work (on a rotational basis), you will also need to be flexible with working on the occasional weekend/evening (approximately 6 times per year):
07:00-16:00, 08:30-17:30, 10:00-19:00
Duties & Responsibilities of the Senior Life Science Logistics Specialist:
• Onboarding and ‘triage’ of new customers and website enquiries
• Set up and management of new Projects or complex shipments for existing clients
• Provide scientific knowledge and understanding in cold chain transportation, share experience in the application of the ISTA standards
• Provide the highest quality of service and solutions to all customers
• Collaborate and support key stakeholders e.g. business development, quality, finance, to ensure all customers are cared for in the expected manner
• To assess, develop and define working practices/processes that ensure activity where possible can be streamlined and replicated, and that communication channels/methods are a top priority on all occasions.
• Carry out all end-to-end operational processing tasks related to the movement of consignments in the most cost effective and efficient way, whilst upholding client requirements
This position offers a great deal of variety and would suit someone who has strong attention to detail, a positive approach and is willing to learn, as our client appreciates that there is likely to be areas that training will be required. It would be an advantage if you have worked within a pharmaceutical/life science business previously or have logistics experience.
This above is a small overview of the duties, but please do submit your CV to find out more about this exciting position.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.