Salary: up to £45,000, dependant of experience
Hours of work: Full-time, permanent
Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for a Senior Firmware Engineer to join an expanding organisation that creates packaged systems for the oil & gas industry.
The successful candidate will be developing software tools for integrated sensors that are driven by algorithms for complex flow applications. This position would suit someone who is methodical, innovative and has experience delivering accurate systems.
This is a highly collaborative team and communication is encouraged. Please note that due to the nature of the role, you will be based in the office.
Duties & Responsibilities for the Senior Firmware Engineer:
- Delivering numerical analysis and simulations for accelerated product design and optimisation
- Writing and presenting technical reports
- Sharing ideas, suggestions and providing solutions to product development teams
- Taking ownership of projects and coordinating effectively with colleagues
- Be practised to project management methods such as scrum methodology leading high quality sprint meetings while motivating the team,
- Developing firmware for embedded systems using C/C++/Python
- Working with hardware and electrical engineers on PCB layout and testing
Requirements for the for the Senior Firmware Engineer:
- Experience with high-speed electronics using FPGA (VHDL) and advanced algorithm implementation
- Experience with Analogues electronics and ASIC systems
- Experience with low level embedded design of microcontrollers, embedded computers or hardware integration
- Experience with electrical engineering fundamentals, circuits, PCB design, testing and troubleshooting
- Experience in developing software for automated systems and electromechanical components (with either C, C#, C++, Java, Python)
- Desirable is experience in product development processes
Keywords: Firmware Engineer, FPGA Engineer, field programmable gate array, HDL, application specific integrated circuit, ASIC, C, C++, Python, electronics, microcontrollers, embedded, PCB, Cambridgeshire, East Anglia, Firmware Engineer, FPGA Engineer, HDL, ASIC, C, C++, Python
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV. We will review and respond within 3 – 5 working days.