Salary: £9.20 – £10.20 per hour, £18-20k circa
Hours of work: Full time. Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm with 30mins for lunch
Company benefits: 25days holiday plus the bank holiday, Company pension, life assurance, travel insurance and medical cover with BUPA
Length of contract: Permanent
We are currently partnering with a Cambridge based scientific company who designs and manufactures scientific instruments. Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Assembler’s primary role is to assemble the company’s products, ensuring that they are built on time and to high quality standards, so that they can be shipped to customers requirements. This would suit somebody is confident, proactive and enjoy working within a small team.
Duties of the Production Assembler:
- Assembly and wiring of company products as per build instructions
- Repair/rework of items as necessary
- Check items built by sub-contractors to ensure they conform with specification
- Kitting as required for works orders
- Ensure timescales and quality are to agreed standards
- Basic test of some of the company products
- Liaise with other departments as necessary
- Prepare / pack for shipment
- Maintain test records of products built
- Be aware of Health & Safety requirements
- Where necessary, assisting in introducing new products into Production, liaising with other departments, ensuring documentation is available, undertaking training and giving training to new members of staff as required.
- Be able to work from build instructions and works orders with minimal supervision
- Work accurately and with attention to detail
- Have a basic Electro/Mechanical knowledge
- Be well organised, able to plan and prioritise work
- Possess initiative, a flexible and adaptable outlook and be a good team player
- Possess a basic understanding of using a computer (training on our Sage 200 system will be given)
- Soldering skills would be advantageous but training can be given
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV ASAP.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.