Hours of work: Full time (Based in the office with flexible home working)
Kameo Recruitment has a brilliant opportunity for a Procurement Specialist to join an expanding and highly reputable company in South Cambridge, who pride themselves on their superb company culture. This position is a newly created opportunity where you will help shape the Procurement strategy, as our client is developing a new Global Procurement team, where you will obtain the best in class services/suppliers for our client. If you are driven, passionate, and have a positive approach then our client will be eager to talk to you!
Duties & Responsibilities of the Procurement Specialist
- Complete the end-to-end sourcing process for implementation of new suppliers.
- Support new supplier requests, contact validation, and coordinate related information on existing suppliers.
- Manage the global supplier database, ensuring it is accurate and up to date.
- Utilise expertise in assisting Procurement operations with invoice resolution, to ensure timely and accurate closure of outstanding invoices. Invoice holds to be reviews and actioned daily.
- Develop working relationships with suppliers and internal customers and train them on proper requisition and PO issuance procedures to conform with established policies and procedures.
- Initiate communication with suppliers to produce better savings and further value for spend.
- Develop detailed sourcing and category plans to maximise effectiveness and efficiency.
- Exercise judgement within defined procedures and practices to support Procurement operations as required, including workload balancing during increased volume periods, working with other procurement staff on special projects, generating reports, and performing office duties as assigned.
- Maintain the highest standard of compliance to processes and procedures, while continually challenging the status quo, improving system knowledge and skills, and driving a culture of continuous improvement and excellence.
Requirements for this role
- Relationship management – work well with people across all functions and levels internally and externally.
- Comfortable dealing with global suppliers and appreciate different cultures and customs.
- Strong mathematical and analytical ability; ensuring confidence, accuracy and attention to detail when working with numbers and large data sets.
- Project Planning and Implementation.
The ideal candidate will have worked within a similar position and will be a strong team player. If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.