Hours of work: 20 hours per week
Company benefits: Company pension, social activities, professional development, career progression & uniform provided
IF YOU ARE A CHEF WHO IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE IN A FRIENDLY ENVIORNMENT, YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS OUT ON THIS!
Kameo Recruitment is partnering with a vivacious and expanding business to find them an enthusiastic and energetic part-time (20 hours) Nursery Chef.
The successful candidate will be providing nutritionally balanced, freshly prepared meals and is responsible for the safe and hygienic management of the nursery kitchen. If you are highly collaborative and passionate about preparing fresh, balanced, nutritious meals, please read on.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Nursery Chef:
- Prepare snacks and lunch for the children that meet the standards for Early Years Settings in England in addition to the Food Safety guidelines https://help-for-early-years-providers.education.gov.uk/safeguarding-and-welfare/food-safety
- At least 1 years’ commercial experience in similar role
- Ensure all allergen and dietary requirements are observed
- Undertake regular deep cleans of the kitchen
- Ensure the kitchen and serving areas are maintained to the highest standards in terms of presentation and cleanliness
- Have an excellent understanding of food intolerances, allergies and dietary requirements
- Adhere to all Health & Safety policies and legislation
- Actively strive to meet all the requirements for obtaining a 5-star food hygiene rating
- Use the ‘Safer Foods Better Businesses for Caterers’ guidelines effectively https://www.food.gov.uk/sites/default/files/media/document/sfbb-caterers-pack-fixed.pdf
- Ensure all staff have training as set out in the guidance above https://www.food.gov.uk/sites/default/files/media/document/sfbb-diary-03-staff-training-record.pdf
Requirements for this role
- Hold a level 2/3 Health & Hygiene qualification
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic health and safety and food safety
- Willingness to undertake further training as required
- COSHH knowledge
- Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP) knowledge
Please note that as the position involves working within the close proximity of young children, the post holder will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and to be a member of the DBS Update Service.
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV. We will review and respond within 3 – 5 working days.