Salary: £27,500 – £32,450
Location: South Cambridge
Do you have exceptional customer service skills?
Do you have a passion for operations?
Our client, a highly reputable life science company who are well established in their industry, requires a senior logistics specialise to join their logistics team for an initial 8-month contract. This position is brand new to the business, reporting to the Logistics Life Science Manager you will work out of their South Cambridge Office and will bring your scientific knowledge and strong customer service skills.
Hours of work (on a rotational basis), you will also need to be flexible with working on the occasional weekend/evening (approximately 6 times per year):
07:00-16:00, 08:30-17:30, 10:00-19:00
Duties & Responsibilities of the Senior Logistics Coordinator:
- Onboarding and ‘triage’ of new customers and website enquiries
- Set up and management of new Projects or complex shipments for existing clients
- Provide scientific knowledge and understanding in cold chain transportation, share experience in the application of the ISTA standards
- Provide the highest quality of service and solutions to all customers
- Collaborate and support key stakeholders e.g. business development, quality, finance, to ensure all customers are cared for in an expected manner
- To assess, develop and define working practices/processes that ensure activity where possible can be streamlined and replicated, and that communication channels/methods are a top priority on all occasions.
- Carry out all end-to-end operational processing tasks related to the movement of consignments in the most cost-effective and efficient way, whilst upholding client requirements
- High Attention to Detail
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent communicator both verbal & written
- Creative problem solver, that can think of knowledge of airlines, air cargo, creation of master air waybills, airline rates, routings and experience of working with an Air Export department.
- Be a specialist in export operations e.g., Customs & Trade Compliance, GDP regulations, and export Control.
- Adaptable with a positive can-do attitude
- outside and box
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Commercial awareness
- Influencing and training – the ability to share knowledge and experience
This position offers a great deal of variety and would suit someone who has strong attention to detail, a positive approach and is willing to learn. It would be an advantage if you have worked within a pharmaceutical/life science business previously or have logistics experience.
This above is a small overview of the duties, but please do submit your CV to find out more about this exciting position!
Not quite right? You can view all of our vacancies here.