Hours of work: Full time
Company benefits: 23 days annual holiday plus bank holidays, company pension, company bonus, company laptop and mobile, life assurance, cycle to work scheme, monthly staff lunches
Do you have a strong import / export background?
If so, then I would be keen to speak to you!
Kameo Recruitment is pleased to be partnering with a design and manufacturing business in Cambridge, north of the city centre, to recruit an experienced Logistics Coordinator who will be a pro-active self-starter and confident communicator within a small team, overseeing the cycle of order fulfilment. You will be processing and progressing all orders from acceptance through to delivery and acceptance by the customer, together with all licence/export compliance documentation and invoicing as required.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Logistics Coordinator
- Raising and accepting all orders within Sage 50 accounts software
- Liaising with sales, production, and customers to obtain all the necessary information on orders prior to shipment
- Manage activities throughout the order fulfilment and transportation cycle to ensure agreed dates are met
- Preparing invoices, pro-forma invoices and delivery notes, and preparing documentation for shipment
- Arranging shipments with courier companies and freight forwarders in accordance with the Incoterms, company’s payment terms and export compliance
- Ongoing review of freight costs, dealing with freight quotations, and matching freight cost invoicing against agreed prices
- Maintaining correct filing procedures / record-keeping
- Experience of liaison with Department of Innovation and Trade (DIT) would be an advantage
Requirements for this role
- Previous experience in a logistics role (import/export, customs procedures/regulations) is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Incoterms and Sage (or similar)
- Experience with letters of credit, warranty bonds, CAD, and Chambers of Commerce would be preferred
- Experience of controlled goods and classification would be an advantage
- Planning and organisational skills, attention to detail
- Communication skills, able to work individually and in a team
- Able to adapt to priorities and ad-hoc workloads
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV. We will review and respond within 3 – 5 working days.