Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for a motivated Linux Systems Administrator to join a growing Software company in Newmarket, Suffolk. You will be joining an ambitious, progressive and supportive team.
The successful candidate will be a talented systems administrator, maintaining a large server infrastructure designed for high availability.
Are you passionate about technology, and crave a role that nurtures your abilities and fuels your growth? If so, please continue reading for further details.
Duties and responsibilities of the Linux Systems Administrator:
- Administering, maintaining and monitoring of remote Linux servers
- Providing internal support and maintenance of office/staff systems (Windows/Mac/Linux PCs and laptops, Linux/Windows servers)
- Accountable for smooth running of web and email services
- Researching and developing new systems
- Providing on-call emergency response and recovery of servers
- Travelling infrequently to datacentres
Requirements for the Linux Systems Administrator:
- Linux/Ubuntu systems administration experience, preferably in a Datacentre/ISP/ESP/ environment
- Experience with system architecture consisting of servers in a high availability configuration
- Postfix or SMTP server experience
- Dovecot (IMAP/POP3) or Courier, Cyrus, UW
- Server hardware and technologies such as RAID, Load Balancing
- Server performance analysis and troubleshooting
- BASH/Perl scripting
- Windows Server/Active Directory
- Deployment automation
- Knowledge of Samba
Keywords: Systems Administrator, Sys Admin, Linux, Ubuntu, 3rd Lin Support, Third Line Support, Postfix, SMTP, Dovecot, Courier, Apache2, Newmarket, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Systems Administrator, Sys Admin, Linux, Ubuntu, 3rd Lin Support, Third Line Support, Postfix, SMTP, Dovecot, Courier, Apache2, Newmarket
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.