Salary: Up to £30,000p.a.
Hours of Work: 9am – 5pm based in either the Cambridge or London office. *Flexibility to travel to London, Cambridge & Oxford as and when required.
Hybrid Working: 2/3 days in the office.
Company Benefits: 25 days holiday, company pension scheme, private medical and dental, wellbeing activities and support, as well as various social events and functions.
Location: Cambridge / London
Are you an experienced Legal Secretarial / PA looking for a new challenge?
Would you like a varied role where no two days are the same?
Kameo Recruitment are delighted to be recruiting a Legal Secretary / PA to join an established law firm with offices in Cambridge and London. This is a varied role in a fast-paced environment, where you will be working across all departments to offer effective holiday cover, sickness support and assistance to meet the needs of the business.
You can be based in the Cambridge or London office, but will need to travel to Cambridge, London & Oxford as and when required, so flexibility is a must!!
Duties and Responsibilities of the Legal Secretary / PA:
- Diary management.
- When required proactively managing partners’ inboxes to ensure all queries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Answer external and internal calls and ensure accurate messages are taken.
- Assist lawyers with their billing.
- Deal with payment requests.
- Prepare and submit expense claims.
- Support lawyers with the file opening and closing processes.
- Manage client queries and general administration tasks efficiently.
- Arrange handover meeting at start and end of cover period.
- Check documentation produced by the Document Production team.
- Collate outgoing post daily; this includes printing, photocopying, scanning, and filing/e-filing.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the line manager or lawyers in order to meet the needs of the business.
Requirements for the Legal Secretary / PA:
- A background in legal services is required.
- Extensive legal secretarial / PA experience is essential.
- A flexible approach to work: able to respond positively and willingly to changes to requirements, schedules, work required etc.
- Excellent IT skills across a broad range of MS Office and other business management applications.
- Strong time management skills: will need to juggle a number of tasks at any given time.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to deliver work to a consistently high standard of precision (even under pressure) in an environment where accuracy is key.
- Organised and methodical, and able to operate effectively within structured work processes with compliance/quality control frameworks.
- Self-motivated team player who takes ownership and responsibility for tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively, with warmth and professionalism, to clients and colleagues both orally and in writing, including drafting business emails/correspondence.
- High levels of discretion, with the ability to deal effectively with sensitive or confidential information.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please contact Alex for a chat on 01223 607670 or apply now.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Kameo Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment agency for this permanent vacancy.