Salary: c£25,000 DOE
Hours of work: Full-time, permanent
Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for an 1st/2nd Line Support Technician to join to join a well-established and highly regarded manufacturing/engineering company near Ely, Cambridgeshire.
The successful candidates will assist the IT Manager by carrying out user support and administration of IT systems and networks across the group, supporting users in multiple locations.
Duties & Responsibilities for the 1st/2nd Line Support Technician:
- Investigate incidents and requests that are reported over the telephone or via remote access
- Taking ownership of end user faults and bringing them to a successful resolution
- Assisting with IT projects including the deployment, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, mobile devices, etc
- Setting up new users’ PCs, users’ accounts and profiles, and deal with password issues
- Daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of our IT solutions
- Reviewing both system and application logs
- Ensuring anti-virus endpoint protection is installed and up to date and any detected virus or malware threats are promptly investigated
Requirements for the 1st/2nd Line Support Technician:
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Windows Server and Client Operating Systems
- Experience of supporting Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Outlook and Team)
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise a changing environment
- Experience administering Active Directory, AzureAD, Exchange Server, Sharepoint Server, SQL Server, Office365 and PowerShell scripting
- Experience of LAN & WAN technologies, firewalls, switches and routers
- Experience administering Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, FTP, VPNs and TCP/IP
- Knowledge of Nutanix AHV, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor software
Keywords: 1st/2nd Line Support, Second Line Support, Technical Support, Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, AzureAD, Exchange Server, Sharepoint Server, SQL Server, Office365, Service Desk, Ely, Cambridgeshire, 1st/2nd Line Support
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV. We will review and respond within 3 – 5 working days.