Salary: £35,000 – £45,000p.a.
Hours of Work: Full time
Hybrid Working: Travel between sites in Cambridge, Stevenage & London (West and Central) with the aim of 1 day a week working from home but you may be required to go into the Cambridge office.
Company Benefits: 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, increasing by one day every 2 years of service, BUPA health insurance, enhanced pension scheme, free onsite car and bike parking, only a short walk from Cambridge North train station and local bus routes. Social events throughout the year.
Kameo Recruitment are recruiting an IT Support Engineer to work for this innovative MSP covering sites across Cambridge, Stevenage, and London. Guiding the overall direction and day-to-day operation of the IT Support team you will ensure clients technical support and strategic requirements are met.
Duties & Responsibilities of the IT Support Engineer:
- Support 4-6 clients on-site 4 days a week (generally within Cambridge, Stevenage, and London,)
- Contribute to varied IT projects and provide guidance and advice for clients.
- You will quickly be up and running with onsite client support, with assistance from our head office service desk team.
- You will be part of delivering varied and interesting IT projects.
- Providing guidance and advice for clients.
Requirements for the IT Support Engineer:
Essential skills and experience:
- The ability to build strong relationships and gain the trust of the clients you visit.
- Excellent customer service: you must be a people person with patience and be able to communicate effectively.
- Great problem-solving skills with the ability to see the challenge through.
- Excellent and proven technical skills within a Windows environment, with an ability to pick up and troubleshoot issues.
- Experience in managing on-prem Active Directory and other Windows server roles.
- Experience in managing Microsoft 365 tenancies across various products such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Teams.
Desired skills and experience:
- Exposure to virtualisation, either through VMware or Hyper-V, and an understanding of the core functionality.
- Exposure to running clients in a hybrid environment with AD DS and AAD.
- Exposure to virtualisation on Azure or AWS.
- Exposure to serverless public cloud-based services, such as Azure Blob Storage.
- Experience with backup systems and storage platforms.
- Core understanding of networking and firewall management.
- Experience with Linux and MacOS.
If you want to be part of a dynamic support team at the forefront of strategic advice, exhilarating project work, and hands-on desk-side IT support, this could be the role for you!
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please contact Kyran for a chat on 01223 607670 or apply now.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Kameo Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment agency for this permanent vacancy.