Salary: £30 – 40k
Hours of work: Full Time
Company benefits: 25days (plus bank holidays), company bonus scheme, BUPA healthcare, 5% contributory pension, company socials, training, and development, wellbeing programme and plenty of onsite parking.
Do you enjoy providing high quality IT support to businesses but prefer working face-to-face?
Do you have excellent and proven technical skills within a Window environment, active directory management and some exposure to VMware, cloud computing?
Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for a Cambridge based managed services provider (MSP) who provide outsourced IT around the UK and internationally. They are currently recruiting for an IT Support Engineer; this is a new role which has come about to support our client’s ambitious growth plans. If you enjoy providing high quality, IT support to businesses but prefer working face-to-face and are looking for a role that can grow and develop your abilities than please read on!
You will be an important part of the onsite support team for our clients in a multi-faceted role that combines strategic advice, account management, project work and ‘hands-on’ desk side IT support to some fantastic companies doing amazing things.
Duties & Responsibilities of the IT Support Engineer
- You will be supporting typically 4-6 clients, working on site 3 – 4 days a week (the majority of clients are based in Cambridge, Stevenage and London).
- You will quickly be up and running with onsite client support, with assistance from our head office service desk team.
- You will be part of delivering varied and interesting IT projects.
- You will provide guidance and strategic advice for clients.
Requirements for this role
- The ability to build strong relationships and gain the trust of the clients you visit.
- Excellent customer skills: you must be a people person with patience and confident communication skills.
- Excellent and proven technical skills within a Windows environment, with an ability to pick up and troubleshoot issues with Linux and MacOS also.
- Proficiency in managing on prem Active Directory and other on-premises Windows server roles.
- Exposure to virtualisation, either through VMware or Hyper-V and an understanding of the core functionality.
- Proficiency in managing Microsoft 365 tenancies across various products such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams.
- Great problem-solving skills with the ability to see the challenge through.
- Exposure to running clients in a hybrid environment with AD DS and AAD.
- Exposure to virtualisation on Azure or AWS.
- Exposure to serverless public cloud-based services, such as Azure Blob Storage.
- Experience with backup systems and storage platforms.3
- Core understanding of networking and firewall management.
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV. We will review and respond within 3 – 5 working days.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.