Hours of work: 0900-1700 Monday to Friday (although some out of office work and weekend working may be required).
Company benefits: Completely refurbished, and spacious working environment with free staff parking, close to Ely rail station. 25 days annual leave, pension contribution and optional healthcare.
Kameo Recruitment is partnering with an established Ely based engineering company who are recruiting for experienced IT Manager to join their team. You will be responsible for user support and management of IT systems within their organisation, supporting 70+ users over two locations.
This role will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks at the Ely office as well as supporting our workshop in Swansea. This will include installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults, and solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone, via remote access or in person.
Duties & Responsibilities of the IT Manager
- Staff – Manage, support, motivate and develop the IT Support Technician to meet the Group requirements, including objective setting, team building, performance appraisals, discipline, morale, recruitment, and training requirements.
- Helpdesk – Ensure that the IT Helpdesk delivers an efficient, cost-effective service that meets the needs of the Group with an emphasis on good customer service. The ServiceDesk covers Incident Management and Problem Resolution as well as some of the more standard requests associated with employees joining and leaving the company, change in access permissions, reset passwords etc.
- Strategy & Operational Policies & Procedures – Aligned with the business requirements of the Group, define, develop, and implement IT strategies, policies, and procedures to cover all aspects of the IT Service, including those for infrastructure, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing etc.
- IT & Business Projects – Ensure IT Projects are completed within specification, to satisfactory quality, on time and within budget.
- Infrastructure – Manage the design, deployment, maintenance, upgrade, and support of all IT infrastructure systems, including physical and virtual servers, storage, firewalls, networks, telecoms, email, photocopiers, desktops, laptops etc. Make recommendations for improving the IT Infrastructure.
- Security – Manage and monitor perimeter defences (email gateways, firewalls, remote access gateways, wireless access points, door access), back office (servers, core network switches) and endpoints (desktops, laptops, mobile phones, workgroup switches). Make recommendations for improving security.
- Budget – Manage the IT budget, ensuring all expenditure is approved within agreed budget. Budget and track capital and revenue costs annually. Assist with all IT related expenditure within other team budgets to maintain an overall Group perspective.
- Asset Management / Compliance – Manage complete cradle to grave lifecycle of all IT related assets including maintaining hardware and software asset lists. Ensure compliance with all applicable software licensing laws and contractual obligations. Liaise with other business managers for wider business compliance requirements e.g., GDPR legislation.
- Reporting – Report to the Board of Directors as and when required.
Technical knowledge required
- Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI): Nutanix (AHV) with some Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare ESXi
- Endpoint Security: Sophos Intercept X with EDR, Sophos Connect SSL VPN
- Perimeter Security: Sophos XG Firewalls managed through Sophos Central
- Email Security: Mimecast secure gateway, Advanced Threat Protection, Security Awareness training and Archiving. Legacy Mailstore archive application still used for historic emails.
- Server OS Software: Windows Server 2012, 2019 including local domain services DNS, DCHP, IP address and subnet management plus Hybrid Exchange 2013/2016 servers, SQL Server
- Office 365 admin portal including admin centers for Security, Compliance, Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, AzureAD & Endpoint Manager
- External domain name management through GoDaddy, MX records, SPF & DKIM for email security
- Business Applications: Sage 200 Finance/Manufacturing, CRM & Payroll, AutoDesk Vault
- Professional, AutoDesk PDM, AEC & Fusion 360 products
- Cloud based solutions: PeopleHR, WhosOnLocation
- Fibre/Cat6 Ethernet cabling infrastructure
- Telephony: 3CX VOIP solution using Gamma SIP trunks, Cisco Video conferencing
- Remote support using LogMeIn Central and TeamViewer
Requirements for this role
- A degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a similar technical discipline is preferred
- Solid experience working at an IT Management level, within a standalone role or supporting a small team.
- Extensive knowledge in supporting and maintaining various IT systems including
- Committed to a ‘hands on’ role
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good technical skills
- Confidence in decision-making
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Proactive attitude
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
This is a hands-on, mainly office-based role, although some travel to our workshop in South Wales may be required from time to time.
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV. We will review and respond within 3 – 5 working days.