Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for an experienced Import Coordinator to join a growing and successful business, based near Heathrow. Our client is a highly reputable company, who is well established within their industry and you would be joining their superb company culture. The main purpose of this position is to fulfil all operational requirements involved in ensuring timely customs clearance and delivery of Imports to the UK. Along with carrying out compliant submission of customs entries to customs either directly or through approved 3rd party customs brokers. This position would suit someone who is highly organised, has exceptional customer service skills and is able to prioritise their own workload. If this is you, please continue reading for further details:
Duties & Responsibilities of the Import Coordinator:
- Collation of import Pre-Alerts including paperwork checks.
- Reverting to sending station when needed to request amendments or additional information needed in order to clear shipments.
- Ensure all pertinent information, including any import permits, are present to ensure the entry submitted is fully compliant with all relevant customs and customer requirements.
- Liaising with customers and broker to ensure all import declarations are completed accurately in accordance with HMRC regulations and in an expedited fashion.
- Monitoring all imports to ensure they are stored correctly and in accordance with the temperature requirements of the product.
- Interaction with the airline handling agents to arrange repack / intervention when necessary to maintain temperature validation.
- Work with the operation and transport teams to guarantee delivery of all imports take place within customer expected timescales and in the most cost-effective way using the correct transport options available.
- Provide the customers with regular, accurate and timely updates on shipment status.
- Occasional requirement to perform ad-hoc, out of hours, on-call duties on weekdays and weekends.
The ideal candidate will have Air import experience, along with experience of Customs Entry submissions using Sequoia or equivalent and up to date knowledge of customs CPCs and HTS codes.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.