Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for an experienced Import Coordinator to join a growing and successful business, based near Heathrow. Our client is a highly reputable company, who is well established within their industry and you would be joining their superb company culture. The main purpose of this position is to fulfil all operational requirements involved in ensuring timely customs clearance and delivery of Imports to the UK. Along with carrying out compliant submission of customs entries to customs either directly or through approved 3rd party customs brokers. This position would suit someone who is highly organised, has exceptional customer service skills and is able to prioritise their own workload. If this is you, please continue reading for further details:
Duties & Responsibilities of the Import Coordinator:
- Collation of import Pre-Alerts including paperwork checks.
- Reverting to sending station when needed to request amendments or additional information needed in order to clear shipments.
- Ensure all pertinent information, including any import permits, are present to ensure the entry submitted is fully compliant with all relevant customs and customer requirements.
- Liaising with customers and broker to ensure all import declarations are completed accurately in accordance with HMRC regulations and in an expedited fashion.
- Monitoring all imports to ensure they are stored correctly and in accordance with the temperature requirements of the product.
- Interaction with the airline handling agents to arrange repack / intervention when necessary to maintain temperature validation.
- Work with the operation and transport teams to guarantee delivery of all imports take place within customer expected timescales and in the most cost-effective way using the correct transport options available.
- Provide the customers with regular, accurate and timely updates on shipment status.
- Occasional requirement to perform ad-hoc, out of hours, on-call duties on weekdays and weekends.
The ideal candidate will have Air import experience, along with experience of Customs Entry submissions using Sequoia or equivalent and up to date knowledge of customs CPCs and HTS codes.
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV. We will review and respond within 3 – 5 working days.