Hours of work: Full time
Company benefits: 23 days annual holiday plus bank holidays (Christmas closure), company pension, company laptop and mobile
Kameo Recruitment is partnering with a design and manufacturing business in north Cambridge, to recruit an experienced Health, Safety & Quality Manager. The ideal candidate to join this successful and international award-winning company will be a highly accomplished QHSE professional, with experience in a senior quality role.
Reporting directly into the MD, your responsibility will be to take over the day-to-day management and strategic development of the QHSE management system which will require both collaborative working with departmental managers and the ability to work independently across all aspects of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Health, Safety & Quality Manager
- Maintaining and developing the company’s QHSE systems and processes ensuring process and regulatory compliance
- Being the go-to for all QHSE-related issues (internal, customer, and supplier)
- Monitoring and evaluating internal production processes and presenting quality-related data at management reviews
- Scheduling and conducting internal audits
- Liaising with company’s certification body, including re-certification audits
- Being responsible for office safety, documenting & reviewing risk assessments, ensuring compliance with HSE regulations.
Requirements for this role
- Experience in a senior quality health and safety role, ideally within an SME environment
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the ISO9001:2015 Standard and its application
- Relevant qualification e.g., NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (NVQ Level 4 Occupational Health & Safety)
- Lead Auditor Qualification (ISO 9001 or OHSAS 18001 or ISO14001)
- An understanding of electronic and mechanical engineering principles
- Experience of NPI / production / assembly / test environment
- Verbal/written communication skills, and ability to work well independently/collaboratively
- Software expertise, with a data analysis & statistical aptitude
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV. We will review and respond within 3 – 5 working days.