Health & Safety Manager
If you are looking to work for a fast-paced, dynamic, and rewarding environment then look no further as Kameo Recruitment are working closely with a large manufacturing company based in Ely.
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Health & Safety Manager, so calling anyone who has successfully carried out a similar role, ideally within the manufacturing industry and has the NEBOSH certificate or equivalent.
In this newly created position where the job holder will be responsible for ensuring the company’s legislative requirements are met, in addition to promoting and championing the best Health and Safety practices and culture for employee’s onsite and working from home, visitors and contractors.
This opportunity is NOT to be missed!! Why ……
- Fantastic working environment with onsite parking.
- Excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, company pension, private health & dental care, life insurance, long service awards, celebratory lunches and many more.
- Ongoing onsite training, cross-departmental opportunities, external training, and funded education.
- Internal career progression opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Health & Safety Manager include: –
- Set a company vision for Health and Safety and manage implementation.
- Use leadership skills to influence others in the adoption of good health and safety practice.
- Understand the company Health & Safety statutory requirements and ensure all requirements are met.
- Develop, implement and manage the companies Health and Safety management systems.
- Define company Health and Safety policy and procedures, ensuring effective communication to all staff.
- Define and measure a set of Health and Safety KPI’s.
- Define and manage a process for accident investigation ensuring findings are reported appropriately and actions are taken to prevent further occurrence.
- Implement and administer a Health and Safety audit system and ensure audit findings are addressed.
- Undertake risk assessments, implement mitigations, and produce Safe Systems of Work as required.
- Review contractor risk assessment, method statements and issue permits to work.
- Consult Health and Safety Representatives from all areas of the business on proposed Health and Safety changes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the latest Health and Safety requirements and practices relevant to the business.
- Conduct training on new Health and Safety practices.
- Reporting and evaluating Health & Safety data ensuring change or recommendations are made where necessary.
- Continuous improvement and new ideas to ensure we are leading the way with health and safety measures within the workplace and at home.
Required Knowledge & Skills for the Health & Safety Manager
- Prior experience in a Health and Safety management role within a manufacturing environment is essential.
- NEBOSH general certificate in occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
- Prior experience in driving change and embedding a Health and Safety culture with positive results.
- A hands on approach.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills, ability to produce clear and concise documentation.
- Ability to multitask, time manage and work independently.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.