Hours of Work: 8.00am – 4.30pm
Company Benefits: Company Pension, Private health and dental care, Life Insurance, Season Ticket Loan, Bike to Work Scheme, Free Parking, Company social events.
Once initial training is completed, hybrid working is offered, 2 days at home and 3 days in the office.
Kameo Recruitment are working closely with a large manufacturing company based in Ely to recruit an experienced Health & Safety Manager who has successfully carried out a similar role ideally within the manufacturing industry and has the NEBOSH certificate or equivalent.
You will be responsible for ensuring the company’s legislative requirements are met, in addition to promoting and championing the best health and safety practices and culture for employees by coaching and education.
This opportunity is NOT to be missed!! Why ……
- Fantastic working environment.
- Inhouse customised training and development that accelerates your career progression.
- Working in a new purpose-built facility in Ely.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Health & Safety Manager include: –
- Set a company vision for Health and Safety and manage implementation.
- Working with senior management, implementing safety measures to reduce risk of workplace accidents.
- Use leadership skills to influence all colleagues in the adoption of good health and safety practice.
- Understand the company Health & Safety statutory requirements and ensure all requirements are met.
- Develop, implement, and manage the Health and Safety management systems.
- Define company Health and Safety policy and procedures, ensuring effective communication to all staff.
- Define and measure a set of Health and Safety KPI’s.
- Define and manage a process for accident investigation ensuring findings are reported appropriately and actions are taken to prevent further occurrence.
- Implement and administer a Health and Safety audit system and ensure audit findings are addressed.
- Undertake risk assessments, implement mitigations, and produce Safe Systems of Work as required.
- Review contractor risk assessment, method statements and issue permit to work.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the latest Health and Safety requirements and practices relevant to the business.
- Conduct training on new Health and Safety practices.
- Reporting and evaluating Health & Safety data ensuring change or recommendations are made where necessary.
- Continuous improvement and new ideas to ensure we are leading the way with health and safety measures within the workplace and at home.
Requirements for the Health & Safety Manager: –
- Prior experience in a Health and Safety management role within a manufacturing environment is essential.
- NEBOSH general certificate in occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
- A natural coach, that can turn legislation into digestible and practical outcomes.
- Have a pragmatic approach to implementing change programmes.
- Prior experience in driving change and embedding a Health and Safety culture with positive results.
- Great interpersonal skills, that can inspire colleagues to act.
- A hands-on approach.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills, ability to produce clear and concise documentation.
- Ability to multitask, time manage and work independently.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
If you are a dedicated and experienced Health and Safety Manager looking for a new challenge, we invite you to apply and submit your CV.