Salary: Circa £35,000
Hours of work: Monday – Friday, 06.30 – 15.00, 40 hours per week
We are seeking an experienced and proactive Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor to join our client’s highly established industrial sales business based in Suffolk. This role will play a vital role in the Health & Safety Team, ensuring the highest level of compliance; you will be instrumental in the planning and implementation of new policies to maintain and raise H&S standards.
Are you NEBOSH Qualified? Do you have excellent communication and people management skills?
If so, our client will be eager to speak to you…!
Duties & Responsibilities of the HS&E Advisor
- Monitoring and reviewing both written and operational works to ensure their effectiveness, compliance, and implementation of new measures when required by law or by the business.
- Liaising with colleagues to ensure a consistent approach to health and safety across all sites and satellite offices.
- Assisting the HS&E Manager/department to ensure up to date with legislative requirements, relevant policies and procedures.
- Carrying out, recording, communicating and implementing workplace risk assessments.
- Carrying out HS&E induction training for new team members and site visitors.
- Producing, developing and delivering HS&E training courses and arranging and preparing external training materials.
- Producing and delivering a programme of effective toolbox talks on relevant topics.
- Carrying out and analysing accident, incident and near miss investigations. Establishing the root causes, effective PCA’s and implementing measures for continual improvement.
- Liaising with Occupational Health and preparing appointments for visits.
- Carrying out HS&E audits as per their ISO 45001 procedures.
- Being proactive in suggesting HS&E initiatives to improve health, safety and well-being on site with a view to reducing accident and incident rates.
- Being proactive in suggesting environmental initiatives to improve the environmental impact, reducing the carbon footprint, improving the sustainability and reducing incident rates.
- Assisting the planning, implementation and recording of all operational plant and equipment inspections and monitoring under current legislation.
Requirements for this role
- NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum, diploma preferred
- NEBOSH environmental required
- IOSH or similar
- ISO 45001, 14001 or similar auditing qualification desirable
- Experience of management systems to ISO 45001 (or OHSAS 18001), 14001 would be advantageous
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team using own initiative as and when required
- Have excellent communication and people management skills across all levels both verbal and written
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
You can view our other jobs here.