Kameo Recruitment is partnering with a construction company in Cambridge to recruit a Graduate Quantity Surveyor. You will be a key member of the team, as you will provide commercial support to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and overall project team on all financial and contractual matters.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Quantity Surveyor
- Assisting with the preparation of contracts, cash flow forecasts and final accounts
- Input into the procurement of key trades, working in line with the project procurement strategy
- Managing supply chain relationships through building and maintaining strong relationships
- Providing financial information for reporting purposes and attending meetings
- Visiting sites to undertake measures and re-measures
- Assisting in the management and control of variations
- Value, certify and issue any relevant payment notices for the subcontract works in accordance with the conditions of their subcontract
- Ensure that external valuations are submitted in accordance with conditions of the main contract and that payments are received by the due date
Requirements for this role
- BSc/HNC in Quantity Surveying
- Strong numerical and IT skills, especially MS Excel
- Experience in re-measurement of key trades packages
- Working knowledge of relevant contract conditions
- Valid UK driving license
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.