Salary: £45-50k per annum
(plus 14% on target bonus, 9% non-contributory bonus plus a host of other benefits).
Hours of work: Full time, Hybrid – once a week in the office is preference.
Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join our successful and highly reputable client, who is well established within their industry. This is a short-term project role, with the exciting opportunity to be extended for the right candidate. You will be supporting the financial control team with the completion of month end activities in relation to Belgium and Germany in line with reporting deadlines.
The role is a hybrid role, based in the UK, with flexibility an option. You will be required to attend some meetings in the South Cambs office, so should be able to travel to the office on occasion.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Financial Accountant:
- Manage the month end reporting process for Belgium and Germany.
- Raising journals to record financial transactions and analysing data.
- Work closely with AP/AR teams to understand transactional variances on month end reporting against budget.
- Ensure detailed balance sheet reconciliations are completed in a standardised controlled manner each month for each entity, with key reconciliations reviewed and approved by FC/Group FD.
- Support creation of audit schedules in preparation for 2022 audits.
- Support the delivery of ad-hoc projects as required in partnership with relevant stakeholders throughout the business.
- Review and provide improvement in Intra Group Management Charging and reporting, ensuring intra group agreement of balances for 2022 close.
- Support development clear process in place for ongoing monthly review differentiating between normal trade, loan and duty transactions.
- Completion of monthly VAT returns for both entities in a timely and accurate manner.
People Management & Leadership
- Be an advocate for positive change, by promoting a team culture of reflective learning and continuous improvement.
- Role models the company values and encourage those behaviours in all team members.
Requirements for the role:
- Part-Qualified/Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA or equivalent) with proven experience in this field.
- Strong organisational skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills and prioritisation.
- A positive, “can do” approach to work.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and balance multiple priorities.
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication.
- Experienced in Microsoft office products, particularly Excel.
- Experience of using Sage X3 or similar system and TM-1 reporting tools.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.