Salary: £25,000 p.a.
Hours of work: Full time
Kameo Recruitment is excited to be partnering with a highly successful, growing business, based in South Cambridge, who are looking to recruit a Finance Assistant to join their friendly and welcoming team. This varied role will see you accurately process supplier invoices, investigate discrepancies, support in preparing monthly management accounts and provide administration support, as required. If you are a team player who has a positive ‘can-do’ attitude then our client would be keen to hear from you!
Duties & Responsibilities of the Finance Assistant
- Post & allocate PL invoices against relevant jobs/purchase orders, raising discrepancies for investigation
- Ensure the number of direct costs invoices without Purchase Orders are minimised
- Process any approved Supplier invoices without a PO, via Sage Accounts Payable
- Assist with the preparation of payment runs. Check the payment run for accuracy and send the remittances to the suppliers
- Ensure all direct cost purchase invoices are coded correctly
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Generate the monthly direct cost accrual in line with the month end timetable
- Revalue and reconcile bank accounts to statements on a monthly basis
- Calculate and process the intercompany job charges and direct cost recharges
- Calculate intercompany loan interest and revalue loan balances on a monthly basis
- Prepare various journals for upload at month end
- Revalue the debtors and creditors at the end of the month and close the ledgers
- Assist with payroll production
Requirements for this role
- Experience in posting purchase invoices and nominal ledger coding
- Basic understanding of VAT
- Competent in Microsoft Excel
- Experience of using SAGE ERP 1000 (desirable)
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.