Kameo Recruitment is exclusively recruiting for an Electronics Engineer, to join a growing and highly reputable technology house, based in Cambridge. You will be joining a dynamic and results-orientated Engineering team.
The successful candidate will hit the ground running, bringing with them prior experience in taking products from concept all the way to volume production. You will be joining a business which is at the forefront of bringing pioneering and emerging new products to the market, where they already have established relationships with national and international blue-chip clients.
Are you team player, determined and looking for a fantastic opportunity? If yes, please continue reading for further details.
Duties and responsibilities of the Electronics Engineer:
- Producing schematics and PCB layout design including but not limited to: high-speed comms such as USB, Thunderbolt, Ethernet etc
- Digitising analogue processors/signals
- Documenting electronics system requirements effectively
- Programming embedded microcontrollers (STM)
- Testing prototypes of assemblies and assurance of performance is within design criteria
- Creating test plans and managing electronics regulatory testing for EMC, FCC, CE
- Working with PCB manufacturers to ensure production-ready PCBs
- Researching and evaluating new technologies
Requirements for the Electronics Engineer:
- Strong experience designing microprocessor-based system hardware
- Strong experience producing schematics and PCB layouts
- As an engineer, can you do the below?
- Solder a component?
- Measure and evaluate a circuit before analysing it
- Write software for a processor
- Review and design schematics
- Hands-on experience testing prototypes of assemblies
- Extensive CAD design experience using Altium or an alternative tool
- Experience programming with microcontrollers (STM)
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a small team
- Python programming for testing
- Experience programming with PIC and Atmel microcontrollers
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and motivated electronics engineer with a proven track record in full life cycle electronics product design. This exciting role will be contributory in the development of new, innovative mobile IT solutions. Along with this, you will need to be a confident communicator and have a positive approach.
Keywords: Electronics Engineer, Electronics Design Engineer, PCB, Schematic, Altium, Firmware, C programming, CAD, C++, USB, Cambridge, East Anglia, STMicroelectronics, STM, STM32, STMicro, Altium, Electronics Engineer, Electronics Design Engineer, PCB, Schematic, Altium, Firmware, C programming, CAD, C++, USB, Cambridge, East Anglia, STMicroelectronics, STM, STM32, STMicro, Altium
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.