Salary: £30,000 – 40,000 p.a.
Hours of work: Full time (40hpw), reporting to the Supple Chain Manager. 50% remote & 50% office based
Company benefits: 25 days holiday, company pension scheme, free fruit, tea & Nespresso coffee, regular social events etc
Parking: Located in central Cambridge, so parking is not offered. However, they are on the Park & Ride route, normal bus route and are within walking distance of Cambridge Train Station.
Kameo Recruitment is pleased to be recruiting for an experienced Demand Planner to join an innovative and growing company based in central Cambridge. It is the priority of the supply chain team to give outstanding service to customers purchasing scientifically proven products. You will be responsible for analysing sales forecasts and historic demand to ensure optimal levels of inventory across multiple sites, so experience working as a Demand Planner and a previous supply chain background is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Demand Planner
- Analysis and maintenance of sales forecasts to ensure inventory levels are calculated to deliver in line with customer requirements, considering planned marketing promotions and campaigns
- Work closely with the data team to understand, analyse, and validate statistical models for forecasting consumer purchasing behaviour
- Develop and monitor KPIs to track demand forecast accuracy and inventory availability across all stock-holding locations and communicate to key stakeholders to ensure accurate stock visibility and traceability
- Continually strive to identify areas for improvements in terms of lowering overall stock holding costs, whilst balancing cashflow implications and lead times. Highlight gaps, risks, and opportunities to colleagues
- Work closely with suppliers, providing 12-month purchase forecast data to ensure improved certainty over production slots
- Assistance with set up of new ERP system and S&OP process
Requirements for this role
- Previous experience working as a Demand Planner is essential
- Professional background in a Supply Chain / Logistics environment is required
- Strong data-driven analytic skills, and advanced Excel skills
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
- Knowledge / experience of managing inventory within an ERP system
- Knowledge of S&OP processes
- Able to anticipate and identify potential supply and inventory issues and use your initiative to resolve
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Proactive, collaborative, hands-on mindset
- Proven confident communication, coaching, and presentation skills
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and an ability to multitask and adapt to quickly changing priorities
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.