Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for a 100% remote PostgreSQL Database Administrator (DBA) to join a global leader centred in biology, based in south Cambridge.
Please note that this role is a fixed-term contract; you will be covering maternity leave.
This is not your average DBA role; the successful candidate will work in the existing team supporting the PostgreSQL DBA activities and reporting to the database coordinator in the systems applications unit.
Duties & responsibilities for the Database Administrator:
- Providing database administration and engineering for the production, development and test database environments
- Deploying new database backends to the refactoring of existing ones
- Addressing incidents and new requirements
- Database performance tuning and query optimisation
Requirements for the Database Administrator:
- Degree in IT/Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience
- Database administration of PostgreSQL in a Linux OS
- Experience with PostgreSQL (9.5 to 13)
- Experience with Puppet and Foreman
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Administration, configuration and tuning of Oracle
- Experience with Python, Shell
- Understanding of operation of databases on VMware
This company offer fantastic financial benefits and 30 days annual leave.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Keywords: Database Administrator, DBA, POSTGRESQL, Postgres, Linux, Puppet, Foreman, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, East Anglia, 100% remote, Database Administrator, DBA, POSTGRESQL, Postgres, Linux, remote working, maternity cover, Cambridge
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
Our promise – to offer you an honest, reliable and friendly service.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.