Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for a Logistics Coordinator to join our clients Logistics Team. Our client is a highly reputable company, who is well established within their industry and is growing rapidly. You will be based in their fantastic offices in South Cambridge, where you will be part of a wider team. The main purpose of this position is to offer exceptional customer service, whilst being the first point of contact for all shipping orders and enquiries. This position would suit someone who is able to communicate effectively at all levels, has good attention to detail and is able to prioritise their own workload. Our client is willing to train candidates who can bring exceptional customer service skills and a willingness to learn. If this is you, please continue reading for further details;
HOURS OF WORK (on a weekly rotational basis):
07:00-16:00, 08:30-17:30, 10:00- 19:00
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the end to end shipment process, on a worldwide basis
- Gather comprehensive customer and shipment requirements
- Book consignments with airlines via on-line portal, email or phone
- Work with overseas offices/ agents to arrange collections, customs clearance and deliveries
- Proactively monitor the status of shipments and identify and deal with any issues as they arise or escalate appropriately
- Provide the customer with regular, accurate and timely updates on shipment status
- Arranging return logistics for reusable packaging and at customer request
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with existing and potential clients by understanding needs, providing high levels of accurate and timely communication, ensuring complete satisfaction with the service provided and identifying service level improvements.
- Liaise with suppliers to confirm documentation requirements, plan appropriate route solutions and obtain timely updates on live shipments.
- Planning cost-effective and appropriate route solutions which do not compromise the quality of our service
- Challenging suppliers on costs and obtaining the best possible price for each shipment
Assisting with the production of client quotations
This position offers a great deal of variety and will utilise your administration, customer service and organisation skills. You will need to be flexible, hardworking and a team player. It would be a distinct advantage if you have logistics experience or scientific knowledge.
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV. We will review and respond within 3 – 5 working days.