Hours of work: Full time – hybrid working, 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home.
Company benefits: 23 days holiday + bank holidays, contributed pension scheme, awards recognition, in-house training / career development, digital workshops, team building activities, 20% staff discount off products.
Due to phenomenal growth and internal opportunities, Kameo Recruitment are delighted to be recruiting for a creative Product Copywriter to join an award-winning marketing team based in Alconbury Hill.
If you have experience writing copy within the retail sector with the intention of selling products and have an understanding of sales, margin and profitability then this role could be perfect for you!!!
Duties & Responsibilities of the Product Copywriter:
- Write headline copy and text for all marketing campaigns and supporting pages.
- Write product information for all new living products, including titles, features and benefits.
- Rewrite product information for top non-live products, where differentiation is required from other sellers.
- Write brand copy to support the awareness of the company history and proposition.
- Write inspirational and knowledgeable articles in line with the company proposition where needed.
- Through product range reviews, trading updates and marketing meetings, understand the business position and market trends to support with copy writing.
- Coordinate with the wider marketing team to identify where brand-based copy is required.
- Communicate activity across the business.
- Keep up to date with and monitor industry and digital trends.
- Work closely with the marketing team to understand their marketing plans and identify potential opportunities of aligning activity.
Requirements for this role:
- Proven, successful experience in writing copy and content, preferably in a digital format.
- A background within a retail ecommerce environment.
- Experience in the gardening market would be ideal.
- Experience of working with direct mail and catalogues preferable.
- Experience with writing to an agreed tone of voice, developing tone of voice over time to suit audience or changing market requirements.
- Experience with writing with search engine optimisation in mind and working with an SEO agency.
- Ability to write copy with the intention of selling products.
- Understanding of sales, margin, and profitability.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages and Website CMS, even better if Shopify
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.