Salary: £40k – £50k
Hours of work: Full time, permanent
Benefits: A generous benefits package including 25 days holiday, a discretionary bonus, an excellent pension scheme, healthcare cash plan, cycle to work scheme, free onsite parking and shower facilities.
Kameo Recruitment is pleased to be recruiting for a Buyer to join a Technology Manufacturer based Northwest of Cambridge. This role will play a key role within the Purchasing team; You will be managing your own supplier base, working to reduce/maintain cost, ensuring quality and on-time delivery is maintained.
Do you have experience in a buyer role? Do you have excellent organisation and communication skills? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Duties & Responsibilities of the Buyer
- Proactively managing suppliers with a focus on continuity of supply, cost and acceptable quality.
- Ensuring material flow is in line with the forecast, and that rescheduling is managed proactively to optimise stock on hand, from both value and lead time considerations.
- Building and developing strategic relationships with suppliers.
- Balancing continuity of supply with inventory value targets.
- Generating RFQ’s & negotiating commodity prices and placing POs in line with forecasted demand.
- Liaising with other members of the team to ensure material supply supports PCBA manufacturing schedules at the subcontractor.
- Monitoring cost fluctuations, ensuring quality of the product, and the margin of the final assembly is not compromised.
- Work to continually improve day-to-day processes in order to simplify working practices and improve efficiency.
- Support the NPI process to ensure that project timescales are met.
Requirements for this role
- CIPS qualified (not essential).
- Educated to degree level.
- Open and collaborative with ability to use own initiative.
- A purchasing background coupled with commercial awareness and demonstrable experience of supplier.
- Diplomatic problem solver with the ability to influence others and drive change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and internal and external customers/suppliers.
- Experience of ERP and MRP tools and a good understanding of their logic, particularly with regards to planning and scheduling.
- Understanding of electrical and electronic component values and terminology is a ‘must’.
- Strong attention to detail.
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV. We will review and respond within 3 – 5 working days.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.