Salary: £45-£55,000 p.a. depending on experience
Hours of work: Full time. Based in the office during training but after training, there is the potential to work hybrid (3 days in the office and 2 remote)
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus the bank holidays, Christmas closure, private health care scheme, healthcare cash plan, company pensions scheme, free lunch on site and free parking
Kameo Recruitment is partnering with a dynamic manufacturing company based in Cambridge to recruit a Technical Buyer; reporting to the head of Supply Chain and working with two other technical buyers your core responsibility will be to control, and influence commercially, the purchasing proprietary and manufactured components.
If you’re an experienced and fully qualified (CIP’s / IOM) Technical Buyer within the electro-mechanical/manufacturing environment and seeking a new and exciting challenge, please keep reading!
Duties & Responsibilities of the Technical Buyer
- To purchase goods and services at the most economically advantageous purchasing option in a timely, cost effects and ethical manner.
- To develop long-term plans to meet the level of demand and negotiate favourable commercial terms for the company.
- To promote SLAs using KPIS to monitor supplier performance.
- To place orders for goods and services and expedite delivery as required, building secure supplier partnerships.
- To work closely with the Procurement Manager to support the management of supplier relationships, deputising when required during periods of absence.
- To work closely with all stakeholders (production shop floor/colleagues / managers/directors and suppliers) to provide a professional and timely procurement service.
- To become familiar with, uphold and adhere to, the Company and Parent Company processes, policies, and procedures.
Requirements for this role
- Previous experience of purchasing electro-mechanical components, PCB’s and metal fabrications in a manufacturing environment
- Part or fully qualified CIPS or IOM or equivalent practical experience
- Proven skills in negotiation
- Ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders
- Confident communicator with the ability to persuade and influence
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career-related advice.