Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 + commission structure
Hours of work: This could be part-time or full-time (f/t 35hpw)
Company benefits: Hybrid working, 25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays), company pension, comprehensive training, and long-term career plan
Kameo Recruitment is excited to be partnering with a highly successful and reputable insurance company based in Ely, to recruit a Business Development Executive to join their growing team!
Working with upbeat and friendly colleagues, you will provide vital support to the commercial division by generating new opportunities to develop the client’s commercial portfolio.
The purpose of this position is to proactively target various industries using different sales techniques (calls, emails, drive by’s) to identify the decision maker and book in an appointment that a qualified Insurance agent can visit to secure the business.
If you have proven sales/telesales/business development experience, are highly organised and ready to work independently in a busy, fast-paced role, this could be for you!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and manage a sales pipeline to identify prospective clients for commercial general insurance products/services.
- Carry out a high percentage of daily calls as well as following up via email to engage with prospective clients
- Carry out drive by’s to identify new business, dropping off company literature and information
- Attendance at events/trade shows to find commercial prospects.
- Build and implement appropriate contact strategies.
- Devise and generate publicity to raise the business profile and create opportunities.
- Attend networking events and meetings to grow the personal network to generate prospects.
- Previous background in Business Development/Sales / Telesales is essential.
- Comfortable and driven to work in a targeted environment.
- Must feel confident working independently and be proactive in the day-to-day tasks to achieve the agreed targets.
- A positive can-do mentality and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience in using a CRM system.
- Insurance experience would be an advantage; however, it is not essential as full training will be given.
If you are keen to join this growing business and interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Not quite the right sales role? View other sales opportunities here.