Assistant Buyer (6-month contract)
If you are looking to work for a fast-paced, dynamic, and rewarding environment then look no further as Kameo Recruitment is working closely with a large manufacturing company based in Ely.
Our client is looking to recruit an Assistant Buyer, initially on a 6-month contract so calling anyone who has experience supporting a purchasing, supply chain, or buying team?
Duties & Responsibilities of the Assistant Buyer include: –
- Manage the flow of materials from the MRP to ensure Purchase Orders are placed efficiently.
- Generate daily reports to support production management.
- To identify and procure non-MRP-based products.
- Check and authorise designated invoices.
- Regularly review and maintain key data within Axapta (Microsoft Dynamics AX).
- Management of live Purchase Orders.
- Apply high focus on OTD to ensure supplier delivery performance is consistently achieved.
- Support new product changes & developments.
- Accompany Senior Buyer on vendor visits where applicable.
- To identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
Experience required: –
- Ideally, you will be working within a manufacturing environment in a similar position – any experience within electronics or mechanical would be advantageous.
- Useful experience includes negotiating with suppliers, purchasing, buying, or supply chain.
- You will have excellent communication skills, be organised, numerate, and a strong team player.
- Experience using ERP/Supply Chain software (particularly MS Axapta) would be an advantage.
This opportunity is NOT to be missed!! Why ……
- Fantastic working environment with onsite parking.
- Excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, company pension, private health & dental care, life insurance, long service awards, celebratory lunches, and many more.
- Ongoing onsite training, cross-departmental opportunities, external training, and funded education.
- Internal career progression opportunities.
This position will be initially working remotely, and the hours are Monday to Friday 8 am-4.30 pm. There is a tailored onboarding and training plan for all new starters.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed-term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, IT and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately, we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find our ideal job or offering career-related advice.