Kameo Recruitment is recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join a reputable and market leading company, based in Cambridge, for an initial period of six months, with the potential to be extended. The core responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant are to process accounting and related information and deliver accurate and timely reconciled information to the Financial Accountant to meet month end reporting deadlines. Along with this you will assist with ad-hoc tasks including preparation of other reports. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, have strong attention to detail and enjoy collaborating with others.
Does this sound like your next career move? If so, please keep reading.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant:
- Post and process the Company’s invoices, reconciling routine queries to support the Financial Accountant in the timely and accurate preparation of month end accounts and reports.
- Assist in Accounts Received (AR) invoice creation, checking billing reconciles with quotation/costs incurred.
- Assist in the reconciliation of balance sheets on a monthly basis.
- Support team colleagues in Accounts Payable (AP) processes and provide cover during annual leave periods where necessary, reviewing AP invoices and raising and reconciling queries.
- Assist in Debt management processes and assist the Customer Support Response Team with credit and customer account issues.
- Prepare and review reporting for parent company in the required formats.
- Assist the Financial Accountant in interim and year-end audit processes, preparing required documentation in good time and assisting with report actions.
- Maintain the FA register.
The Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Treasury activities will be key for this position.
- MAAT/looking to study or currently studying ACCA or CIMA (Part qualified)
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Strong IT skills for extracting relevant financial information
Our client offers a fantastic working environment, a welcoming team and a collaborative culture.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Kameo Recruitment is an independent agency, which specialises in permanent and fixed term positions within the Sales, Marketing, HR and Commercial/Office sectors. We recruit across East Anglia, but specifically focus on Cambridgeshire and the surrounds.
We receive a high volume of applications and although we would like to, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all of them. If you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career related advice.