Salary: £25-£29,000p.a. depending on experience.
Hours of work: Full time Monday to Friday – office based.
Company benefits: Company pension, performance bonuses.
Are you AAT Qualified or working towards it?
Are you looking to work for an Accountancy practice you can progress within?
If you have answered YES to the above, then we would love to hear from you!
Kameo Recruitment is pleased to be recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join a well-established, accountancy practice based in Royston. This position will offer training but a willingness to learn, a proactive approach and strong communication skills are a must.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant:
- General accounts preparation and scheduling of data using Excel.
- Preparation of draft accounts for review by the partner.
- Submission of weekly and monthly payrolls using Sage.
- Monthly or quarterly VAT return preparation and submission for clients.
- Monthly CIS submissions for clients.
- Input of customer income/expenses onto online software packages.
- Answering main incoming telephone lines.
- General office filing.
Requirements for the Accounts Assistant:
- Must have experience working in an account’s role, ideally within practice, but not essential.
- AAT qualified or working towards AAT qualification.
- Strong numeracy skills and knowledge of Excel.
- Experience of Sage, Quickbooks and Xero software is an advantage, but not essential.
- Able to be proactive, self-manage and work to given deadlines.
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- A flexible approach and willingness to learn.
- An ability to prioritise and work to specific deadlines.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.