Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8.00am – 4.30pm
Hybrid working: After initial training 3 days in the office 2 days from home.
Kameo Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting for an efficient and reliable Accounts Assistant to join a busy Accounts team within a global manufacturing company based in Ely. You will become a flexible resource providing support and assistance within various areas of the Accounts department.
The focus will be supporting the Credit Controller to meet the demands within Sales Ledger function, performing billing and credit control tasks, however, other areas that will require assistance will be within the Purchase Ledger and possibly General Ledger.
This opportunity is NOT to be missed!! Why ……
- Excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, company pension, private health & dental care, life insurance, long service awards, celebratory lunches and many more.
- Ongoing onsite training, cross-departmental opportunities, external training, and funded education.
- Internal career progression opportunities.
- Fantastic working environment with onsite parking.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant
- Contact customers to ensure prompt payment of invoices, assist with resolving any queries the customer may have
- Match payments against outstanding invoices, resolve queries as they arise
- Perform invoice runs, issue credit notes and re-invoice as required
- Coordinate monthly customer account statements preparation
- Issue daily metrics reports – reporting on back orders, daily bookings and daily sales using Microsoft AX and Microsoft Excel
- Assist with resolution of shipped not invoiced sales orders, support month end process as required
- Process vendor invoices in line with the company procedures
- Post other outgoings to the Ledger, including credit card purchases, expense claims, direct debits and petty cash
- Reconcile vendor statement and resolve queries by liaising with the suppliers and staff
- Assist with preparation of proposed payment runs and distribute remittance advices to beneficiaries
- Assist investigations of aging goods received not invoiced transactions
- Other duties as required to assist month end close process, daily transactions, etc.
Requirements for the Accounts Assistant
- Proven experience working as an Accounts Administrator / Assistant in a busy accounts department performing the tasks above.
- Intermediary MS Excel skills is a significant advantage
- Self-starter, motivated, eager to learn and progress within the company are ideal
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships, internally and externally.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please contact Claudine for a chat on 01223 607670 or apply now.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Kameo Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment agency for this permanent vacancy.