Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 p.a. depending on experience
Hours of work: Full time. Based in the office during training but after training, there is the potential to work some hybrid.
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus the bank holidays, Christmas closure, private health care scheme, healthcare cash plan, company pensions scheme, free lunch on site and free parking
Kameo Recruitment is partnering with a dynamic technical manufacturing company based in Cambridge to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join the finance team, reporting into the Financial Accountant, you will be fully responsible for the accounts payable function and ensure the processing of invoices/ credit notes and resolution of queries.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant (Accounts Payable)
- Ensure the timely and accurate posting of accounts payable invoices & credit notes; reconcile invoices to authorised purchase orders, ensure approval by personnel, and apply correct cost coding ready for processing.
- Ensuring processed invoices are selected for the appropriate payment run, maximising cash flow for the company and meeting processing deadlines for month-end reconciliation, and ensuring payment terms agreed with the supplier are honoured. Emailing remittance advice and scanning paid invoices into the in-house business system.
- Reconcile supplier statements monthly, maintaining records as required to comply with in-house procedures and statutory audit compliance.
- Assist the Financial Accountant with preparations for annual auditing disciplines, reconciling any outstanding matters
- Ad hoc tasks or analysis that may be required to assist other members of the finance team.
Requirements for this role
- Previous experience working within Accounts, ideally with a focus on Accounts Payable
- Accurate eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders
- Basic to intermediate Excel skills
- A self-starter and team player
If you are interested in finding out more about this position, please submit your CV.
Kameo Recruitment will not use your information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any company who are working directly with Kameo Recruitment, for recruitment purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your ideal job or offering career-related advice.